Unix Admin job in Northern Virginia

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Mon Jan 5 22:22:12 CST 2004

I had a friend email me that his company was hiring.  (This isn't a job
where I work, I am only forwarding this on for my friend.)  Here's the
qualifications they are looking for:

******************************
Looking for 4-5 yr experienced Unix SysAdmins with excellent knowledge of
shell scripting.

Operational Support Systems Engineer (UNIX SysAdmin)

This position would involve maintenance and system administration of the
UNIX based OSSs (Operational Support Systems) housed in XXXXXXXX, VA.
Understand and implement the flow-through systems.

Technical skills required:
· Extensive experience with HP-UX and Solaris installation, configuration,
operation and maintenance (3-5 years atleast).
· Analytical ability to troubleshoot UNIX applications running under
Solaris and HP.
· Experience and high familiarity with HP & SUN’s High Availability & mass
 storage systems like SureStore, XP-256, external raid arrays, Brocade
 switches (SANs) and Logical Volume managers like Veritas, DiskSuite (SUN),
 LVM (HP) etc.
· Experience configuring and administering Oracle (majority), Sybase, and
 Informix  databases.
· Experience with networking protocols, Transaction management systems and
 Open Systems Interfaces such as Corba (ORBIX), XML, Tuxedo etc. which are
 used extensively in the Flow-through OSS network (2-3 yrs atleast).

 EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF SHELL SCRIPTING.

This position is part of the OSS Team.  The team is responsible for:
· Installing, documenting and maintaining all  Sun, HP, or other UNIX
 hardware and software, applications, databases, and any third party
software associated with an application.
· All GNI-Lab system administration on Sun, HP, or other UNIX equipment and
 the applications running on this equipment.
· First line of support for operations team in the event of problems or
failures in the production network.
· Interaction with vendors and various development teams to report,
resolve, and test fixes for problems found in production.
· Participation in the development of test plans, procedure, and
configurations for UNIX, Solaris, and database equipment and applications.
· Participation in the execution of test plans, procedure, and
configurations for UNIX, Solaris, and database equipment and applications
· Participation in the physical and functional architecture reviews.

I have no word on their relocation package, benefits, salary, etc.  Contact
me off-list if interested and I will pass you some contact information.

Thanks!

- Kevin