How do I fix a monitor resolution problem?

Michael Shaw dbwizzard at kc.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 22:48:26 CST 2004

Thanks to all for all the suggestions.  I finally gave up and did a
re-install and that fixed the problem.  Things worked fine for about an hour
until something went crazy with my optical mouse, as if the left button was
stuck down.  As I dragged the cursor across the screen (and various icons)
windows began popping up all over the place.  I finally had to do a hard
reset of the system.  When I booted linux again it looked okay at first
until I noticed the icon in the lower left corner of my KDE window was gone
(the one containing the shutdown menu pick).  Now I have to reset all the
time to shutdown (I sure there's a better way but I'm too clueless).  Unless
someone knows how to re-add this icon to the menu/command/whatever bar on
the bottom left of the KDE window I think I'll have to re-install again.

Michael Shaw
(816)525-2794
dbwizzard at kc.rr.com