FUD

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Jan 2 16:33:33 CST 2004

>>"magnificently stable"?!?  That's rich.

>My favorite Win95 story comes from when I was building systems for a
>payroll project I was on.  One time we had 11 identical HP systems that we
>were building, and the only thing on them that required a custom driver was
>the video card.  We set them all up in a row and clicked the same buttons
>on down the line during the setup to set them all up identically.  3 worked
>the way that they were supposed to by the time we were done loading
>Windows, and the remaining 8 all had one problem or another that required
>either reconfiguration or reloading to bring them up to spec.

That is why most techs that have to load Winders on multiple similar machines use Ghost.  If I run
into a tech that sneers at Ghost, then I know he hasn't supported thousands of machines.  It has
saved me hours and hours.  More time for surfing, doing tickets, securing the network, learning new
stuff, configuring/using Linux, etc.

Winders is good or passable for some tasks, but some companies are realizing the savings they could
have, by using alternatives.  Some companies make so much that Winders licensing schemes have
little to no affect on them.

Brian Kelsay