question about changing Apache "Authorized Required" page to other page

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Apr 16 13:43:30 CDT 2004

[snip]
> >And one computer using Windoze 2K, Internet explore browser is having
> >problem. Maybe http://search.lycos.com/ search engine is
> hidden somewhere in
> >the computer.
> >So that whatever I asked and doesn't exist then, it display
> this weird web
> >page. I guess.
> >
> >Last thing I need to take care of is that I need to remove
> this evil stuff.
> >

> actually yes it does there is a option to shut off auto
> search as well
> as in the ieak for modifying all those options.  ieak allows you to
> permantly set for example what ie does when a 404 occurs and
> if it goes
> to a search engine you can tell it which.  it is buried deep in the
> options where i cant remember how to turn it off.

Strange my default Doze2k IE displays the 404 page. Although, to be fair, it
may not be default as I've deleted a number of files in the IE favs pages and
also some other 'net crap off of the local drive. Now the question is, does
IE do this for all sites where you punch in a bad page, or only non-Microsoft
approved pages? Or only website not using IIS? This would be typical M$
strategy. Isn't there some law now against intentionally redirecting web-pages
away from the siteowner? Isn't that equivalent to hijacking a person's website?