how to change the page Authorization Required to a differenct page

Joe Cho jcho at jcho.net
Wed Apr 14 15:06:35 CDT 2004

Hello, KCLUG,

I have a quick question about something that I was interested in.
Currently, I am using RedHat 8.0 and Apache 1.3.27.
I have noticed that my personal web server displays some unintended my web
server information to the browser such as the version of Apache.

I would like to have it displayed something other than this when I mistype
user name and password.
The way I set up on my web server is quite simple using htpasswd tools since
there is no good and confidential information at all.
however, I don't want to display this info without asking.

So, how do I need to change this?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Joe Cho
jcho at jcho.net