CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Mon Apr 5 18:47:15 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 09:02, Gene Dascher wrote:
> Just in case anyone on the list using Gentoo (kernel 2.4.x) might have
> problems getting a CD-RW/DVD Combo drive to burn cds with ide-scsi
> emulation and play DVDs with DMA enabled.

I think you have an issue specific to your make/model. I have a DVD+RW
combo drive and I had no problems using either Kernel 2.4 "ide +
ide-scsi + sr_mod" and Kernel 2.6 native ATAPI writing support. I
certainly didn't have to write any scripts.

IIRC, in 2.4, ide-cd should never be inserted for a burner. Not really
clear why it's there.