Sven and Micro rant

Gary Hildebrand ghldbrd at ccp.com
Wed Sep 24 17:58:45 CDT 2003

In the last 24 hours I have received:

192 legitimate e-mails and spam other than the Sven virus. I've
responded to ONE e-mail of those.

171 e-mails having to do with 'Sven'.

45 minutes of my time digging through all the above.

I think some very gutsy lawyer named David should go after golliath M$
with a class action suit, claming lost time and business due to this
propogation.  Maybe, only maybe then, they will learn to write code that
can't be easily exploited in this manner.

All this makes me appreciate Linus and his band of favorites in the
GPL/Open Source movement.  We're self-fixing.

My $0.02 worth.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO