Wierd xfree86 behavior

Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) jmcqk6 at umkc.edu
Wed Sep 17 20:16:37 CDT 2003

Hello all:

Well as some of you have been following my progress over the last week
or so getting Gentoo installed on my Hp Pavillian ze4424 laptop, and a
lot of progress has been made.  My current problem is getting my mouse
and keyboard to work once I start X.  X starts just fine, I get a couple
of xterms and a clock that show up on my monitor, but I can't type
anything, and I can't move my mouse; they appear to be disabled.  Any
ideas how to get this to work?  Any chance this might be a kernel issue?
The keyboard works fine in Bash.  Is there a way I can check input from
the mouse while in Bash?

Thanks for your help.

Josh