get Windows/Linux/Apple computer?

Eric Lehti president at cpukc.org
Wed Sep 17 20:08:48 CDT 2003

Hello members of kclug mailing list.

I am Eric Lehti, (913-638-1049 cell, or 913-341-3434
daytime, email president at cpukc.org).  Our user group in
Kansas City (http://www.cpukc.org) will purchase a laptop
computer soon for several reasons:

  - to keep our membership database and user group records
on.
  - Also, to do Adobe PDF and Microsoft PowerPoint
presentations with our media projector.

Because all of us come from the Microsoft desktop arena,
we do not have a comfort level with Linux, even though our
business computer (the IBM eServer iSeries and AS/400) run
Linux applications fine.

I would really like to get some ideas from you regarding
your recommendations on Linux.  Call me, or . . .

Our user group will meet next Thursday, in Shawnee Kansas,
on Shawnee Mission Parkway, 7/10 mile west of the
Interstate 35 exit onto Shawnee Mission parkway, at Leona
Yarbrough Restaurant.

Thanks, Eric