Comcast faster speeds on the horizon

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Sep 12 20:19:30 CDT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 7:26 pm, Paul Taylor wrote:

> Time Warner Cable / Road Runner loads a configuration file in your cable
> modems (a bridge). That configuration file limits you to 2Mpbs download
> and 384Kbps upload.

Honk, Fart, Blatt.

Not my modem, buddy.

Where'd you get this ridiculous hypothesis?

> Only one carrier did not cap their access connection and that was Sprint
> Business DSL and ION.

Which has not existed for how long now?
Yeah, you buy the Empire State Building Tower of Services, and incidentally
you get more local speed than any portion of the Internet can delvier.  Great
deal.  Did I mention the gold cufflinks?

> Unless Road Runner feels like giving away bps or they're changing their
> policy then I doubt you're getting it.

Hey, doubt all you want.  I don't mind.  Doesn't slow my downloads one bit.

> For example, I just talked to a Road Runner customer service rep. ...

Ok, show of hands, does anyone here feel that they have ever talked to a
"customer service rep" who could have reliably said whether it was day or
night outside?  No?  I thought as much.