Comcast faster speeds on the horizon

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Fri Sep 12 19:34:20 CDT 2003

Hosting video games, file sharing, and downloading large movies, demos,
pictures, and open source files.

At my previous residence we (3 people lived in my house) used to have
Sprint ION. We got 2.8 Mbps downstream and 850Kbps upload. When ION went
to wayside we changed to Road Runner. LET ME TELL YOU, the 3 roommates and
myself noticed a considerable difference in simple web surfing and
especially playing online games. The entire year we used Road Runner
everyone complained about it when comparing it to ION and it was only a
800Kbps difference on downloads. The latency was much lower on Sprint's
network (not that I'm a huge Sprint fan).

I guess you don't know what you're missing until you have it.

Now I live in a house with 2 D/B ISDN channels, my Interent usage went
from 10 to 20 hours per week (ION and RR) to <3 hours per week.