My new Hp Pavilion ze4400 Laptop

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Sep 11 19:02:54 CDT 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 3:49 pm, Brian Densmore wrote:

> 2)RedHat 9 (Wow! have you seen the price for the Pro version!?)

How stupid can RedHat be if the "free" version is a "Duh" and the "Pro"
version is the only one with "Wow!"?  I tried the public release of RH9, and
it stank.  Didn't have MP3, didn't have interfaces for importing data or
fonts from a Windows partition.  Sure the interface was smooth - so's a blank
slate, which is pretty much what I got.  The phrase "dumbed down" comes to
mind.

That and announcing that they're going to stop distributing updates for the
non-subscription releases and I think they're going very much in the wrong
direction.

They will HAVE to release at least the source of the subscription distros,
althoug going through a Gentoo compile to end up with a RedHat installation
is pretty useless...