WINE.

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Sep 10 11:11:21 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 2:17 am, Chris Wagner wrote:

> Need help finding out about this app.

Check their web site, or codeweavers.

> Is it a Windows emulator, and if so, does it work fairly well?

WINE stands for "WINE Is Not An Emulator".

> What kind of hit does it put on system resources?

Since it's more of an execution environment than an emulator, it's not too
bad.  You'll notice the time applications take to load, even if you're used
to how slowly X applications load, but it really works.  I haven't noticed
too much lag when actually running the loaded apps (mostly Quicken ~6).