Does email system Horde Web mail work with HTML??

Joe Cho ksjoecho at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 23:17:06 CDT 2003

First, thank you for your generous response.

I should know first this before I emailed last time.
Most time, I check email through web browser on PC MS browser or Mozilla on Linux.
I have tried on both browser whether I can open some of those email
from some place I even don't know such as:
Account Services <r-xkwkbcrrmbbi at b.limitedspecialoffers.com>

and the message is displayed like this below:

"This message contains an HTML formatted message but your email client does not support the display
of HTML. Please view this message in a different mail client or forward this email to a web-based
mail system."

As a matter of fact, I tried on Microsoft Outlook client this afternoon,
after set up some necessary thing,
It works fine.
However, I haven't tried on Linux mail client though.

Now, I can narrow down the problem, this Horde web mail has some limitation or
the setting I have done may have some configuration error.

what do you think?

Thanks again.

Joe Cho
ksjoecho at yahoo.com

Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:
Joe Cho wrote:
I am not quite sure whether this email system Horde is designed to work this way.
I would like to verify this and at the same time, I would like to get some
advice to get fixed if it is possible.

I have Horde installed on my web server and it handles HTML email just fine. They appear as
attachments when viewing which can then be opening in a view window. When replying, it converts it
to plain text. You cannot write HTML email in Horde.
A couple weeks ago, someone  in KCLUG mentioned about postfix system instead of
using sendmail.
I also would like to know whether using postfix can fix those HTML issue, I would like to
use as a HTML format instead of text format only.

The MTA (postfix, sendmail, etc) has nothing to do with supporting HTML email.