HTML Email

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu Sep 4 23:13:10 CDT 2003

   Andrew Moore wrote:

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 01:56:27PM -0500, Jason Clinton wrote:

   This  is  just  a  follow  up  to  a  conversation  we  were having at
   breakfast,  last  night.  Some  asked  that  I post it. If you want to
   flame,  go  ahead. It's a work in progress, suggestions or attacks are
   welcome.

   [1][1]http://jasonclinton.com/whyhtmlmail.xml

I'll never know. My browser rendered that link as:

"XML parsing error
fatal parsing error: the document is not in the correct file format in line 29,
 column 4

   ^
"

   Yet another example of the mindless fucks at Microsoft ruining a
   beautiful technology. I have created a symlink with a .html extention
   to the exact same file here:
   [2]http://jasonclinton.com/whyhtmlmail.html. You can see [3]here that
   it's perfectly valid XHTML 1.1. There are two reasons why this is
   absolutely pathetic:
    1. IE is ignoring the MIME type sent by the web server -- a violation
       of the HTTP standard
    2. IE's XML parser is so damned incompetent that it can't even parse
       a DTD from the W3C

   So, stop bitching and get a web browser that plays well with others. I
   don't feel sorry for you in the least. [4]Here is why you should care.