Interesting!? A new OS? A replacement for Linux? Windows? AND Palm?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 21:43:57 CDT 2003

Brian Densmore wrote:

>http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-5071314.html?tag=fd_top
>
>A new OS, that will run on some yet to be disclosed handhelds,
>made by some people in Singapore that supposedly
>runs Linux, Windows and Palm software as fast and smooth as
>on the native OS.

" When the handheld user runs a program, the bulk of the program's
execution takes place on the MXI server. Just enough data is beamed to
the MXI handheld to allow a person to view and interact with the
document. The document that's acted upon--a text file, spreadsheet or
image--is not stored on the handheld but on the server."

Sounds like Citrix, Terminal svcs., rdesktop, etc. with multiple
emulators running on the server.  Boring.
Brian

--
We tried logic, we tried to be helpful, we tried to be patient, we tried everything...
If it's war you want, Mr. McBride, it's war you'll get.