Openoffice.

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue May 27 15:53:48 CDT 2003

Well I sort of timed it over the weekend. It took less than
16 hours on my 750MHz Duron. After I unmounted my home
directory and remounted it under the portage directory so I
had sufficient diskspace for the compile (only had 2.8GB free). :/

> > Started it last night about 7pm, because the current
> > installed version (1.0.2) doesn't like my upgraded KDE.
> > This same thing happened when I upgraded KDE last time.
> > Anyone know why openoffice breaks when you upgrade KDE?
>
> What doesn't OpenOffice like?  When I've upgraded KDE and
> OpenOffice freaks
> out, I just rerun the setup.  I just upgrade to KDE 3.1.2 and
> haven't seen
> a problem yet.
I didn't analyze it. I had nothing displayed in the pulldown menus.
It pulled them down but they were invisible. and all the text for the
menubar was nothing but a dash type graphic. Now everything is fine.
But occasionally it locks up on me. Still it's pretty nice, just need
to learn where everything is and how to make it all work. Too bad it's
not intuitively obvious how to do things.

Brian