eth0 not staying configured - Solved!

Jim Herrmann jimh at ItDepends.com
Fri May 23 03:26:10 CDT 2003

Just thought I would let the list know the solution to my problem.  I
did a lsmod to find out that the module that was being loaded when the
network was working was sis900, and in /etc/module.conf it had "alias
eth0 tulip".  I changed this line to read "alias eth0 sis900" and the
module loads correctly on boot.  Problem fixed.

Thanks so much to everyone who offered up a suggestion.  As always, an
education.

Peace,
Jim Herrmann