Gentoo.

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu May 22 18:27:00 CDT 2003

Jeremy Fowler wrote:

>Well, I've never installed from stage 3 before, but then why doesn't it list it as a requirement
for installation in the Gentoo install howto? Are you absolutely sure it doesn't have a default
pre-built kernel?

>http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-ppc-install.xml
>
>stage tarball requirements for installation
>1 partition/file system setup, emerge sync, bootstrap, emerge system, emerge ppc-sources, final
configuration
>2 partition/file system setup, emerge sync, emerge system, emerge linux sources, final
configuration
>3 partition/file system setup, emerge sync (optional), final configuration

Yea, you have... stage three is always done. Stages one and two are
optional.

The section you quoted tells you what you will have to do depending on
which stage tarball you select to start from.

Also a humble request: please stop top-posting and quoting the entire
conversation below your reply. I know you're probably forced to use
LookOut, but it can be configured to start a reply below the replied
message.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.