Gentoo.

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu May 22 18:16:04 CDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Jeremy Fowler wrote:

> Well, I've never installed from stage 3 before, but then why doesn't it
> list it as a requirement for installation in the Gentoo install howto?
> Are you absolutely sure it doesn't have a default pre-built kernel?

I remember my first gentoo installation.  I didn't reboot for a month
after I installed it.  It ran from a slackware boot disk kernel the entire
time until I started getting around to configuring the init scripts.  I
never needed to reboot since my desktop was exactly the way I liked it.
Then I needed to move the computer, so I knew it needed a kernel for when
I powered it back up.

--
Programming C shells by the sea shore since 1994.
http://dattaway.org