eth0 not staying configured

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Sat May 17 03:40:53 CDT 2003

So, even though it identifies itself as Sis being the vendor, the bus
identifier says Realtek?  OK.  This is an itegrated NIC on a MoBo that
has everything integrated, sound, network, video, and 256 M RAM, believe
it or not.  It has one slot to add memory, and two PCI slots.

So is the "tulip" driver bleeding edge?  I'd never heard of it before.
Are you suggesting that I can choose Realtek 1039 for my driver, and it
just might work?  I'll give it a try.

Peace,
Jim