Job Posting - One time, networking/security

cdowns cdowns at drippingdead.com
Fri May 16 03:50:57 CDT 2003

Exactly as the man said below, why pay to have it done ?

here ya go:

1: ssh -C -L 8080:192.168.0.x:5901 user at target_net.com
2: vnc localhost 8080

bam done. now all traffic will be tunneled to 192.168.0.x over your
existing ssh session. I use this for mail all the time ( pop and smtp ).
192.168.0.x is the machine on the inside network you want connect to.
Obviously make shure you are using SSH2 and if you want to make shure
you are really good use DSA ( passphrase authentication ) keys.

Thats it.

~!>D

Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

> vnc over ssh
>
> Adrian Gordinier wrote:
>
>> Try pcanywhere
>>

>> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 10:00, Seth Dimbert wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking for someone who can help me with a networking/security
>>> issue for
>>> my place of business. To be clear, I'm looking to hire and pay a
>>> consultant
>>> for a one-time project.
>>>
>>> In a nutshell, I need a secure, inexpensive, rock-solid way to
>>> log-in and
>>> work on my office network via the internet. We currently run a
>>> network of
>>> Win98SE machines connected to two different fileservers running Novell
>>> Netware (v4 and v5). This network is connected to a DSL Router and the
>>> entire office shares DSL internet access.
>>>
>>> I want the ability to login from outside (SECURELY!) to access files
>>> on the
>>> fileserver. A plus would be the ability to "take over" a local PC
>>> from the
>>> outside, to allow me to use applications only found here, though I'd
>>> only do
>>> this if it were 1) reasonably fast and 2) totally secure.
>>>
>>> If you can do this, for a reasonable fee, then stand behind your
>>> work, ready
>>> to support it if needed, please contact me off-list.
>>>
>>> -SD

      Network Security Engineer
      http://www.angrypacket.com
       Christopher M Downs,RHCE