Job Posting - One time, networking/security

Rich Edelman rcedelman at comcast.net
Thu May 15 22:44:53 CDT 2003

PC Anywhere isn't exactly secure, nor is it fast. Sure you can change the port
it listens on, but oh well.  At work I implemented something like this so one
of the employees can work from home. It's just VNC over SSH. Anything going
over the Internet is encrypted through the SSH tunnel, but from the SSH point
(linux server) to VNC on her computer (Win2K machine) is not. Best thing
about this is all the software used was free. I've set it up, showed the
employee how to use it, and was never asked a single question about it. Every
now and then I ask her if she still uses it, as I don't like to have extra
ports open if I don't need them, and she says she does and it's great.

Rich