Job Posting - One time, networking/security

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Thu May 15 21:04:21 CDT 2003

I'm looking for someone who can help me with a networking/security issue for
my place of business. To be clear, I'm looking to hire and pay a consultant
for a one-time project.

In a nutshell, I need a secure, inexpensive, rock-solid way to log-in and
work on my office network via the internet. We currently run a network of
Win98SE machines connected to two different fileservers running Novell
Netware (v4 and v5). This network is connected to a DSL Router and the
entire office shares DSL internet access.

I want the ability to login from outside (SECURELY!) to access files on the
fileserver. A plus would be the ability to "take over" a local PC from the
outside, to allow me to use applications only found here, though I'd only do
this if it were 1) reasonably fast and 2) totally secure.

If you can do this, for a reasonable fee, then stand behind your work, ready
to support it if needed, please contact me off-list.

-SD