RH 8.0

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat May 10 18:11:55 CDT 2003

Quoting Rusty Brown <kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com>:
> ...when I
> tried to download and install that utility, and linuxconf, I ran into
> dependency hell trying to get them all met. I finally gave up, because
> I just didn't have the hours needed to muck around with it, and I'm not
> familiar enough with Linux to hack the files manually.

Time to start learning.  Linuxconf is being exterminated for the evil code it
is - it does not write it's changes to the standard configuration files,
leaving your system with multiple competing configurations.  Nasty stuff, stay
away from it.

Look for stuff like XF86Config.  Do "rpm -qa | grep X".  Get a copy of
"Running Linux".