Job discussion continued.

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Tue May 6 21:52:11 CDT 2003

It's a weird medium for a LUG list but a lot of people could benefit.
Plus, I'm going to learn more about linux from people I hang with than
reading obscure How-To's in my pajamas late a night. That's why I'm going
to some of these meetings. I figure I can learn more linux by rubbing
elbows with people and maybe give some people opportunity to make money.

The only reason I have customers (prior to advertising) is their previous
"computer" people had:
1) poor communication skills
2) terrible customer service
3) people who take on too much and prove they're incompetent

I am personally going to meet anyone before I talk about refering
business. Non-compete agreements are going to be signed. I love to talk
with customers about getting things done (selling part) and the technical
part.

I pay myself as an employee. I'm paid the same as my contractors, 50% of
the bill rate. I have a pool of about 10 contractors for various tasks.
I've known most of them for years.

Once my business is off the ground I prefer to have employees, contractors
are convenient for them and me right now. My overhead is <$100 per month.

I look forward to meeting a lot of new people.

Paul