HTML posting

Patrick Miller pert at ygbd.tas-kc.com
Tue May 6 12:38:56 CDT 2003

> If you don't like html messages why not filter them on your own
> machine(or use a text email client)? I don't like html messages, but
> that doesn't mean I am not willing to hear what someone has to say just
> because they do.
>
> Jason

So you are saying I should filter out and not listen to someone who uses
html? That is a disservice to the html user that sent the important message.

By filter why not just strip html so the messages can still be seen thus not
blocking the messages. If you filter it on the server, you know what others
are seeing, prepare it for archiving (or digesting), and only do the
programing once i.e. on the server.