HTML posting

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Fri May 2 17:08:43 CDT 2003

Jonathan Hutchins said:

> Right - so why clutter up the bandwidth with the unnecessary HTML?

Because it's not 1994 and bandwidth is getting to the point that HTML or
text based email shouldnt clutter bandwidth.  If it does for you, I dont
think you should be running email servers period.  After looking over all
of my emails for the past month, close to 75% of all of the emails that I
have recieved (especially from corporations like Sprint, Black & Veatch,
PDA, Farmers Insurance, Hallmark, and other businesses that almost equaled
to 90% and all of which I work with or have contacts with) were all HTML
emails.  I'll be sure to tell their email admins that they're breaking the
super-laws of internet geekdom and must stop immediately cause some people
out there still use pine, mutt, or whatever and their "bandwidth" cant
handle an extra 5k of data transfer.

Also you might want to tell the rest of the billions of people on the
internet to stop sending HTML email because your bandwidth is getting
cluttered.

(yeah right)