CD/DVD Duplication

Jacob Hurley jacobh at aos5.com
Thu May 1 18:49:31 CDT 2003

Well this might be slightly OT, and I don't know if this is exactly what
you are after..

But last week I was on a mission to 'back-up' some of my DVD's.  I
wanted to do this with my gentoo box and there are a few options out
there (dvd::rip, quickrip, etc) but the one that I was most happy with
was 'drip'.

emerge sync
emerge -pv drip

to take a look at what would be merged.

DRiP was nice to me and it took around 3-4hrs to cache all the .vob
files to disk and then encode them to DivX (not bad) on my first test
run through with it.

(btw, "fear dot com" wasn't very good (but "ghost ship" was))

:)

Jacob Hurley
Network Operations Center
Alexander Open Systems