Re-Routing AOL Mails

Adam Davis ald at dovienya.net
Thu Jun 19 15:57:09 CDT 2003

Hey, all.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, AOL recently started blocking emails
from non-commercial email clients.  This includes the mail server in my
basement, unfortunately.  I've been getting far too many delivery errors
for my pleasure.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to modify Exim to take AOL
emails and, instead of sending them itself, route them through another MTA
for which it has a username/password (such as one of mine at rr.com,
att.net, etc.)?  Has anyone seen something that functions in this way or
somehow similar?  Or perhaps some other solution that'd do the trick?

Thanks much.

~Adam Davis