Linux PVR

gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org
Wed Jun 18 16:30:02 CDT 2003

> I also have a WinTV card, though I've not used it in linux yet.  Was it
> tough to setup?
>
> Does your system have to be pretty high-end to record tv shows?  I tried
the
> video capture with the WinTV card in Windows and it was aweful.  Whats
the
> video quality of your captures?

I have a PIII 800 with RedHat 7.3 .  It was simple to watch TV with the
card.    You just fire up xawtv, the card was recognized just immediately.

Recording was a little tougher.  I installed nvrec.  That was a little bit
of a challange to set up.  My PC seemed to be fast enough to record.  If
bumped the quality up to 100%, it would start to get choppy.

The quality is ok, but not perfect.