LinNeighborhood error message

David A. Foote dfoote1 at swbell.net
Wed Jun 11 14:30:30 CDT 2003

--=-LKUeOiyYXLKP68C+YVDd

Hello, I'm David and I'm running into a problem with LinNeighborhood.
When I try to mount a share I get the following message: smbmnt must be
installed suid root for direct user mounts (500,500) smbmnt faied: 1.
Can someone interpret this and tell me how to fix the error?  It was
working fine before I upgraded my system to X2 desktop.  I'm running
RedHat 9.0 and attempting to share with a notebook running XP,  Thanks.

D. Foote

--=-LKUeOiyYXLKP68C+YVDd

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hello, I'm David and I'm running into a problem with LinNeighborhood.&nbsp; When I try to mount a
share I get the following message: smbmnt must be installed suid root for direct user mounts
(500,500) smbmnt faied: 1.&nbsp; Can someone interpret this and tell me how to fix the error?&nbsp;
It was working fine before I upgraded my system to X2 desktop.&nbsp; I'm running RedHat 9.0 and
attempting to share with a notebook running XP,&nbsp; Thanks.<BR>
<BR>
D. Foote
</BODY>
</HTML>