Replacing bad CDRom drive

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Tue Jun 10 02:40:26 CDT 2003

I was actually able to boot off the RedHat 9 CD and get part way through the
text based installation.  Then it would stop.  I used this same set of CDs a
couple of weeks ago on a different computer at work with no problems.  Since
it was doing the same thing with the factory RedHat 8 CDs (the same ones I
installed on this home computer several months ago and which I have used on
other computers), I guessed it was the drive dying (because the errors were
inconsistent).

Thanks again for your help!

Jon