Considering an Athlon XP

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Sun Jun 8 04:29:34 CDT 2003

Does anyone have any experience with an Athlon XP processor? I'm helping
a friend (and his charitable foundation) buy some equipment. I got a
vendor trying to sell me an Athlon XP instead of a P4 in order to save
me a little money. We'll dual boot the machine - probably WinXP and
RedHat 8.0. He'll be running stuff like MS Office, OpenOffice,
Photoshop, The GIMP, Macromedia's Studio MX suite (Dreamweaver,
Fireworks, Flash, etc.). Normal stuff for today's desk jockey.

Would anyone have any advice for me? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Greg

Through Sylpheed Mail on Red Hat 8.0 Linux
Curri, San Jose, Costa Rica
http://www.greg-and-sue.com/screenshot.jpg
Yahoo! Instant Messenger ID: gregkedro