question squid + firewall + http server inside firewall

Hanasaki JiJi hanasaki at hanaden.com
Fri Jun 6 02:25:58 CDT 2003

That works fine for connectivity; however, it is not feasible.  The
webserver does virtual domains based off the URL.  I need to hit the
same pages as the external world does.  Using an alias or internal
address makes this impossible :(

Brian Kelsay wrote:
> I think you have to have the internal users hit the webserver with an
> internal address, meaning you need to run a minimal DNS on your network.
> You have one don't you.  I think you could also do this with an alias.
> Seems like this came up recently.
> I have to hit my webserver with the internal address to get to it when
> inside the firewall, I can get to it by name because of the firewall running
> dns and routing it back.

DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2:80
>>$PROG -t mangle -A FORWARD -i $NIC_EXTERNAL -s 0/0 >>         -o $NIC_INTERNAL -d 192.168.1.2 -p
tcp --dport http >>         -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

--
= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =