The List has returned!

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu Jul 31 17:51:10 CDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Frank Wiles wrote:

>   For me the problem is the license of qmail.  I prefer to work with
>   Open Source software. And by that I don't mean just that I can see the
>   software, but that I'm free ( as a commercial entity or otherwise ) to
>   basically do whatever I want with it.
>
>   Also, the days when Sendmail was a big security risk are pretty much
>   gone.  Yes I will admit it has had a checkered past, but honestly how
>   many Sendmail specific security holes have there been in the last
>   year?

Other mailers have much promise and I've tried many, but always return to
Sendmail.  Sendmail is light on resources, has a wonderful m4 macro
language for configuration, and just works.

I have kept Sendmail up to date several years and haven't been r00ted yet.

(at least that I know of :)

--
http://dattaway.org