Executing Perl script from Kmail filter

David Ryman cmcfadden at kc.rr.com
Tue Jul 22 20:41:12 CDT 2003

Help,
I'm trying to process emails attachments automatically.

I'm using kmail 1.5.1 in KDE 3.1.1 on SuSE 8.2.

I have a Perl script in ~/Documents/perl called testit.pl, which works when
run in a shell. As the name suggests it is a test which creates a file and
closes.

I have a filter set up that identifies the email and moves it to another
folder, then executes command /home/david/Documents/AuditPro perl/perl
testit.pl.

I have tried /home/david/Documents/AuditPro perl/testit.pl and sudo -u david
/home/david/Documents/AuditPro perl/perl testit.pl.

They all move the email but none seem to run the script. I have also tried
running the script then moving the file but the result is the same.

Any ideas. Or is there another way?

--
David Ryman
cmcfadden at kc.rr.com