Sendmail question.

Frank Wiles frank at wiles.org
Tue Jul 22 20:23:32 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:42:42 -0500
ismgr <ismgr at atchisonkansas.net> wrote:

> So, when you receive mail via Sendmail to your machine and the machine
>
> happens to be your local machine, can you setup the machine to read
> the mail without using a POP server?
>
> I know when I checked out OS X, the mail.app could be pointed at a
> local directory to retrieve mail and then you just used Sendmail for
> outgoing.

  Yes, but this doesn't have anything to do with your MTA ( Sendmail
  in this case ), but your MUA ( Mail User Agent ).  Such as Netscape
  Mail, Evolution, mutt, Pine, etc.

  On most installations Sendmail will defaultly put your E-mail in:
    /var/spool/mail/ismgr

  And most E-mail clients will look for it there defaultly, shouldn't
  require any configuration on your part.