PDF (was ipopd)

Scott Smith scott at roadtoad.net
Sun Jul 20 10:46:07 CDT 2003

As of X11R6.3 remote X displays got a lot faster, and when tunneled thru
ssh you get even more compression...

Scott, who used to have to run Legato Networker while on call at work
over a remote X display on a 28.8 dial-up line to a SPARCstation-2 while
getting his mail delivered via UUCP (not sure how that is relevant but
it just is, damnit!)... ...in NINETEEN NINETY-SEVEN. :P

...who built X11R6.1 from SOURCE on a Sun 4/110 (circa 1991 machine, the
first SPARC desktop) ....it took THREE DAYS!

broadband is making people impatient :D