"invalid compressed format (err=1)"

Chris Hoelscher mohoelx at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 19 19:04:43 CDT 2003

the selection screen o.k., and no matter what options I select
(graphical, text, noprobe, etc) I get the following error;

invalid compressed format (err=1)

Done some Google and RH Support searches, but not finding anything very
recent nor very definitive...  Lots of "Dude, try this - it might help".

I used this CD to update my existing system from RH 8 to 9, but on the
chance that the CD had issues, I went ahead and burned a new copy - same
story.

Any good suggestions?

Using the following;
Shuttle AK39N