Video editing

Chris Hoelscher mohoelx at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 03:10:46 CDT 2003

Getting ready to build up a "powerhouse" to do some video editing.
Basically, have cam-corder tapes of my daughter's wedding that I want to
edit into a nice presentation and save off on various formats (VHS, DVD,
and perhaps in multiple CD's)

Been looking into MythTV for my build, and have parts on order...should
have working video capture card, sufficient processor/RAM/disk, and a
video playback that includes TV-out (so pumping to VHS should be no
problem).

What I'm wondering about though is decently simple video editing
software for say RH 9.  The MythTV stuff looks good to
capture/record/convert/re-record, but I'm hoping to be able to take
parts of various input tapes (different angles) and merge them together,
and add some fade-in/out type effects, etc.

So, assuming there is more than one program out there (seems like there
always is for Linux), what are some of your favorites for this type of
editing work?

Thanks in advance....
--
Chris Hoelscher <mohoelx at sbcglobal.net>