compile farm distro

Apollo apollo7771 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 23:48:40 CDT 2003

The time it takes to compile doesn't bother me at all, especially with the
speed everything runs afterwards.  My only problem is I need it for work on
Monday which causes me to have to abort it.  As far as the laptop goes its
an AMD K6 550 with 196Mb RAM with a newer hard drive.  I know I didn't add
the 'hdparm -d1 -A1 -m16 -u1 -a64 /dev/hdX' command running at startup so
that is working against me.  I've waked my Gentoo install enough I'm just
going to reinstall tonight or tomorrow then emerge kde over the weekend.
I've read a little on getting distcc running in cygwin but I'm afraid its
out of my league.  Most of the docs seem geared for someone that knows what
'..and all the other build tools..' is, which I have no idea.
If for some reason I do get it all optimized and ready to 'emerge kde' and
it still takes 30+ hours, could I still use your compile farm?

Thanks,
    David