Boot problem.

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Tue Jul 15 20:49:55 CDT 2003

At 3:36 PM -0500 7/15/03, Chris Wagner wrote:
>Just got Yellow Dog 3.0 installed and it goes through all the stuff
>and then hangs as the cups daemon prepares to start.
>
>I can't seem to get it go into the step-by-step interactive startup
>so that I can bypass it.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Chris

Oops.

Cups finally started up. Took forever. Not sure what that's about.

Another quick question, though.

Not sure what window manager this is, but it looks I'm booting into X
and not really using any desktop environment.

What file do I edit to use a default environment and what's the
typical way to start it up.

It's been awhile, but I remember vaguely starting KDE from runlevel 3
with a startkde command (not sure what distro that was or if that's
actually totally accurate).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris