compile farm distro

David Holland david at gotoacs.com
Tue Jul 15 14:39:48 CDT 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brian Kelsay [mailto:bkelsay at comcast.net]
> Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 10:48 PM
> To: Kclug
> Subject: compile farm distro

Distcc:  http://distcc.samba.org/

Is there a win32 version of something like this?  I've been trying to
install Gentoo + KDE on my 550MHz notebook and 'emerge kde' has taken
over 30 hours.  I finally had to abort the emerge and when I restarted
it keeps failing.  I checked Gentoo forums and found emerge -e kde.
This will emerge over 120 packages which will probably take several days
on a 550.  If there is anyway I could put my win2k server to work
compiling KDE I'd love to try it.  Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
    David