USB or Parallel external storage device question?

Joe Cho ksjoecho at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 15:21:56 CDT 2003

Hello, anyone,

I would like to know a little more about a storage device for home.
I have a couple of machine Redhat(Redhot?) and windows NT.
I once a while need to update or change the systems.
so that I lose some inportant files that I need to restore.
I have used CD Writer, but it is getting bigger and hard to keep track of where they are and which
one is which.

I am getting tired of doing this way.

So, I'm planning on purchasing an external hard drive storage( around 50 GB size ) with a
reasonable price.
but, one thing I need to know more about Linux box device.
since I use Linux box more often ( I pretend to be more power user).

Anyway, I would like to have Plug & Play device every time I unplug and plug back again,
then it should automatically recognize the device, so that I can access to the device by GUI.

I prefer Parallel or USB device with Linux and Windows NT compatible since I don't have any scsi
device on my computer ( it could be better to use SCSI Connection though).

Any suggestion? any typical brand name as well  (since sometimes a brand does matter).

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Joe Cho
ksjoecho at yahoo.com