Installation issues with tmpfs and swap

David Mohr dymjc at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 16:17:52 CDT 2003

Greetings,

Problems:

I’m trying to load SuSE 8.1 on a “NEC ready 330T” laptop.  When I used disk1 it becomes hung-up on
“moving into tmpfs” when loading.  I’ve tried using disk 2 and it bypassed the tmpfs problem.  It
then asked for disk 1 and the following is displayed “Your computer doesn’t have enough memory to
run YaST”.  It then asked for me to enter the swap partition.  It gave and an example of dev/sda2.
Where is the swap partition?  Do I need to create a swap partition before loading Linux?  I’m not
sure which route to take to solve the problem.  Will it be easier to solve the tmpfs problem on
disk1 or the swap partition issues using disk2 first?

Thanks much,

David Mohr