[ot] Chicago

rod rodbrenda.2 at gbronline.com
Thu Jul 10 05:20:42 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 03:57:59PM -0500, Jason Clinton wrote:
> I'm going on vacation to Chicago next week and am wondering if anyone
> here has any good or bad experiences with tourist-type things they may
> have visited in that area or on way. Anyone have any recommendations for
> things to visit?

I also lived there.  Here are are my choices:

The Handcock over Sear's
None of the Pizza places, too touristy.
Boat ride put on by the architecture soc.
The Botanical Garden.
At night the Ravinia music concerts.  Everything from Jazz, to Dylan to
the synphany is just great.
If you are close to downtown.  Walk into the Rookary (across from the
Federal Res. Bank) the interior was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

For anyone on this list the Mus. of Sci. and Industry is a must see.
(pay extra to see the only captured German U-boat from WWII.)  Then come
home and watch the movie  Das Boot.

And befor you go watch:
The Fugative
Adventures in Baby Sitting
About Last Night
High Fidelity
and of course
Feris Bueler's Day Off

And if you get lost just ask someone how to get to Kansas ;-)