DSL and NAT'ed customer addresses

Joshua Bergland kclug at mrj412.com
Sat Feb 22 18:19:06 CST 2003

I am using ddclient as my dyndns client, and it has an option in its
configuration file to have it use 'web based IP detection' ... it
checked the information returned by http://checkip.dyndns.org and then
uses that to set the ip address for your chosen domain :-)

Make sure to set it to only change your dyndns settings at the dyndns
only if your ip address changes, as doing it more frequently is
considered abuse according to dyndns.org

http://clients.dyndns.org/unix.php?service=dyndns

Just my two cents,
Josh