smalltalk

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Fri Feb 21 22:00:22 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:22:23 -0000, Peter Amisano wrote:
>I have an opportunity to work for a company learning/coding in smalltalk.
>
>However, I have no idea what smalltalk is.  Does anyone have any experience
>with, or know anything about smalltalk?????

I am personally very interested by Smalltalk ever since I heard
of its critical role in the development of object-oriented
programming. If you get to developing in smalltalk and want
some help, I'm looking for a reason to learn it.

http://www.smalltalk.org/#ABriefIntroduction

"Smalltalk programs tend to be one third to one half the size of
programs written in other popular languages."

Is this true? Tighter than Perl with its CPAN? I'd like to know.
Charles Moore with his ColorForth sez he can write at 1/100th
the code length of C and has a 500-line VLSI chip designer to
prove his assertion.

http://www.colorforth.com/vlsi.html

-Jared