SBC Yahoo DSL (Scary??)

Chris Hoelscher mohoelx at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 21 04:17:19 CST 2003

I'm using SBC DSL since January (ex Telocity/Directv DSL customer) and I
have never stuck their vermin infested CD in any of my drives!

Check out dslreports.com in the forums section.  SBC actually has some
of their DSL techs that get paid to help people there, and they will
tell you - ain't nothing on the CD thats actually needed.  You log in
through a special ID on initial setup and create your account, then plug
it into your router or whatever.

I'm using a D-link 4-port router that has my account info coded into the
PPoE definition, and connects up just fine.

The one and only thing you don't get is for the 1-800 techs to be able
to remotely connect to your machine for trouble-shooting, but I'd
suggest using the guys on dslreports.com anyway!  They are GOOD!

Chris.

--
Chris Hoelscher <mohoelx at sbcglobal.net>